If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a temporary full-time Registered Dietitian to join our Losier Hall team based in Miramichi, New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package including relocation bonus
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pension plan
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Assists in the development of menus in accordance with therapeutic nutrition guidelines.
- Assesses resident’s nutritional status on admission and at least semi-annually; reviews monthly weights and follows up as required.
- Addresses client’s individual dietary concerns.
- Establishes and maintains personal nutritional needs of each client.
- Completes texture modification assessments on referral;
- Oversees and plans special nutrition needs for special diets, allergies and disease conditions.
- Presents staff and client education sessions on nutrition and other related topics based on indicators and identified needs.
- Communicates client nutrition care plans to clients/family/staff as appropriate.
- Collects and enters appropriate data into database;
- Documents clinical nutrition indicators monthly.
- Administers the operating budget for dietary services, overseeing the preparation of purchase orders, verification and approval of invoices for payment;
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition;
- Membership with professional association;
- Excellent communication, computer and organizational skills.
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
- Experience in a long-term care setting is considered an asset.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.