If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Full-Time Registered Nurse to join our Parkland in the Valley - Embassy Hall team based in Quispamsis, New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $37.73 - 45.91
- 12-Hour Rotations
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire for part-time & full-time staff) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (6% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual begins immediately and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Assessing, planning, evaluating, documenting and directing residents’ needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and team members;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client’s right to individualized planning of health services;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies and procedures;
- Assisting with the development, implementation, and evaluation of resident care plans;
- Administering and recording prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice;
- Applying dressings and treatments according to physician’s orders and policy;
- Assisting with supervision and evaluation of job performance of care staff.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing and are currently registered with the Provincial Association of Registered Nurses
- You are passionate about working with seniors and have experience working with the elderly in a seniors’ living or long-term care environment.
- You have comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- You are available to work a schedule of flexible hours and all shifts inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Advanced proficiency in the English language is required, proficiency in other languages considered an asset.
- Can provide a CPR & Emergency First Aid Certificate, Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening upon hire
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.