If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Lifestyle Consultant to join our Parkland Saint John team based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire for part-time & full-time staff) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Variable incentive program based on meeting specific sale targets
• RRSP program (5% employer matching)
• Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
• Free onsite parking
• Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
• Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
• Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
• Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
• Maintaining and managing the client funnel e.g. inquiry tracking, requests for accommodation, referrals, follow-up process; and tracking all sales activity and leads in a database;
• Meeting potential clients to assess which service line is safe and appropriate for their lifestyle and care needs. Responding to information requests from potential clients and completing bookings for permanent and short-term resident stays as required;
• Providing tours to prospective clients and other interested persons;
• Maintaining the Sales/Information Package; reviewing the contents with all new clients;
• Assisting with the admission; transfer to other services lines, and discharge of clients in coordination with the management team;
• Managing all aspects of the sales process to help prospects and their families make the decision to choose a retirement community;
• Developing and executing quarterly sales and marketing plans to deliver on budgeted occupancy objectives;
• Engage in healthcare professional outreach programs that build relationships and generates referrals through local clinics and groups;
• Developing advertising and promotional strategies;
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
• Diploma or degree in marketing, public relations, or other related field;
• 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience, including event planning;
• Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products;
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required;
• Previous experience in working with the elderly in a long-term care or a seniors’ independent living environment considered an asset;
• A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.