If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Front Desk Attendant to join our Parkland Antigonish team based in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development, and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $14.35 - $16.00
- Family Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Coordinates Resident transportation
- Provides ongoing support to the Residents
- Supports the Administrative team for clerical needs
- Performs basic accounting functions, which may involve keying Resident charges to accounts, along with creating purchase orders, petty cash, etc.
- Performs a wide variety of typing assignments, and operates the computer to enter data, edit, revise, and, create memos, tables, and other material.
- Monitors fire and security alarm panels, follows safety and security duties as per facility policy.
- Prepares photocopies and facsimiles, sorts and distributes incoming/outgoing mail.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- High School /GED completion.
- Excellent computer skills and experienced well in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous hospitality/customer service experience an asset especially with seniors.
- A friendly outgoing spirit is a definite asset.
- Must be familiar with the Dartmouth area.
- Experience with cash flow.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology considered an asset.
- Required to be available for day, evening and weekend shifts . Great position for a retired individual!
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.