If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Director of Care to join our Parkland Eglinton West team based in Etobicoke, Ontario.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
- Monday to Friday with occasional on-call weekends
About the Opportunity
- Guides and monitors the development, implementation, and evaluation of service/care plans for the facility
- Ensures care and service delivery meets the changing needs of the resident population and that quality standards and objectives are met
- Ensures client safety by following and applying all standard operational procedures, safe work practices and training provided
- Manages the operating budget for designated departments; recommends cost effective use of resources
- Lead, mentor and develop direct reports to maximize productivity, job satisfaction, and resident services
- Provide leadership and direction to the care/service team by fostering and promoting new initiatives
- Provides clinical leadership support to the Community Managers and Allied Health team members as applicable
- Adheres to the Standards of Nursing Practice, Code of Ethics, Registered Nurses Act and Regulations as defined by provincial legislation
- Ensures weekly Clinical Risk Management meetings are held, minutes are distributed and follow up takes place. Any identified organizational risks are discussed with the Administrator/Regional Manager
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- Current registration with the College of Nurses
- Minimum (10) ten years’ experience which includes two years’ clinical and five years’ administrative experience or equivalent
- Excellent communication, computer and organizational skills.
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.