If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Director of Care to join our Parkland Ajax team based in AJAX, ONTARIO.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire for part-time & full-time staff) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance ??????
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Provides leadership and direction to the care/service team by fostering and promoting best practices
- Directs the regular health assessments of prospective and current residents to maintain quality of life in the appropriate Lifestyle Option
- Supports, promotes and evaluates resident care from an Allied health perspective
- Ensures compliance with Philosophy of Service and resident care plan to ensure optimal health and wellness for each resident
- Provides consultation regarding resident issues and standards of care to interdisciplinary team
- Communicates with the all other departmental teams to increase awareness of resident health changes to ensure effective service. (e.g. decrease in appetite)
- Identifies and initiates long-range planning strategies for improvement of care delivery services
- Assists in the recruitment process of Clinical Services department
- Ensures new employees are orientated and trained on all departmental standards
- Ensures regular and consistent communication by holding team talks, departmental meetings, etc.
- Manages the professional development of all team members in area of responsibility
- Manages work schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels are met
- Monitors performance & provides coaching
- Completes performance and development discussion for all team members under area of responsibility
- Completes required audits and reports
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- Registered Nurse or RPN diploma;
- Current registration with provincial RN or RPN regulatory body
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid certification
- Minimum five years nursing experience
- Previous supervisory / leadership experience in a health service or seniors living environment
- Experience in management of human resources including staffing allocation, performance management, education, and preparation of work schedules
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.