If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Regional Manager – Nursing Home Services to join our Team in Fredericton, New Brunswick. This role is responsible to provide operational leadership and oversight to 4 nursing homes in Fredericton (Thomas, Frederick, and Neill Hall) and a new nursing home recently announced for the region. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Regional Manager, Nursing Home Services is accountable for enhancing operational, clinical and financial processes, promoting a quality improvement culture, and creating engagement and people strategies which motivates teams to provide an exceptional quality care environment for all residents.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Senior level role with a competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual begins immediately and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Work closely with the regional team of Health Services Managers and Care Coordinators to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate key performance indicators
- Build and maintain relationships with teams across all facilities including union leadership
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational policies and best practices
- Establish and maintain an organizational structure and professional model of practice that maintains effective communication, assures client access to services, and clearly defines responsibility and accountability
- Respond to and implement the recommendations resulting from Shannex’s quality program; responds and follows up on government inspection reports
- Ensure resident safety by ensuring the team is following and applying all standard operational procedures, safe work practices and training provided
- Ensure clinical resources are utilized efficiently and effectively
- Lead key stakeholder relationships for the region
As the successful candidate, you have 5+ years of management experience and have obtained an undergraduate degree in a Health-related field or in Business. You are an exceptional leader and coach with proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills. You demonstrate a high level of initiative and attention to detail. You thrive in challenging roles where you are part of a high performing team. Experience working in a leadership role within a long-term care or other regulated environment is considered an asset.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted