If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work - they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Site Manager - Full Time
Located initially at Celtic Court, in Sydney, Nova Scotia and transitioning to Kiknu, a long-term care home currently under construction in Eskasoni, Nova Scotia, this position reports to the Director, First Nations Services. As part of a professional clinical Team, the Site Manager will plan, administer, and evaluate the resident care programs in the long-term care home, provide people leadership in the interdisciplinary setting and manage operations. The successful candidate will also be integral in developing community relations and assisting with the planning, opening, and ongoing operations of Kiknu. Once Kiknu opens, the Site Manager role will transition from Celtic Court to Kiknu. This unique opportunity is ideal for a Nurse Manager and / or a Nurse from the Community of Eskasoni who would like to work in a rapidly growing organization and support their community by delivering a comprehensive clinical service to residents and progressive and meaningful employment to team members.
As the successful candidate you will be integral in creating a caring, resident-focused environment that promotes overall wellbeing for residents and place of pride for the community.
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Directs, promotes, and evaluates resident care and nursing standards, philosophy, goals, and objectives to assure the optimum level of wellness for residents.
- Provides consultation regarding resident issues and standards of resident care to nursing personnel and interdisciplinary team.
- Establishes and maintains guidelines for staffing to assure optimal resident care.
- Recommends and initiates long-range planning strategies for improvement of health care delivery services.
- Monitor’s accreditation and regulatory criteria to maintain compliance; assures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of subordinate staff, which includes performance evaluation, training, disciplinary procedures, work assignments, and administers personnel policies and procedures.
- Manages the operating budget for the clinical departments; recommends cost effective use of resources.
- Encourages and promotes relationships with outside resources/organizations to meet resident and community needs.
- Participates in continuing education to maintain credentials and increase expertise and knowledge in professional clinical nursing and administration.
- Takes every precaution that is reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the health and safety of employees and all others in the workplace, including but not limited to, providing supervision, training, information, and equipment needed for employees to do their job safely.
- Liaises with the community, contributing to positive community relations and trusted partnerships.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience.
- Service minded, results oriented, and positive towards change and innovation.
- A team player who works collaboratively to deliver results and can work autonomously.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory trends and practices.
- Knowledge of the principals of supervision, organization, and administration.
- Knowledge of operational and personnel rules and regulations, collective agreements and regulations governing long term care.
- Above average communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient with computer programs.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan.
If you are looking for an opportunity to advance your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply by July 16th, 2023, at 4pm.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at www.shannex.com/careers