If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Part-Time Recreation Coordinator to join our Thomas Hall team based in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
• Starting hourly wage: $20.68
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan, including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
• RRSP with Employer matching (5%)
• Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
• Free onsite parking
• Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
• Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
• Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
• Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
• Collaborates with each resident and/or family to assess their engagement of meaningful activities in the six dimensions of wellness- Physical, Social, Intellectual, Vocational, Emotional, and Spiritual;
• Assists each resident in achieving their goals to enhance their overall wellness and assist with defining strategies for achieving those goals;
• Develops, analyzes, and reviews resident-directed individualized and community-wide programs;
• Fosters partnerships with local businesses and community groups to facilitate program development;
• Evaluates programming to ensure that the programs are meeting the residents’ needs and expectations along with upholding the established expectations;
• Collaborates with the Recreation team to develop a plan for full-scope wellness programming for all service lines;
• Oversees the process of orientation for each new resident to the recreation department, services offered and activities/amenities available to them;
• Oversees Recreation services for special functions ensuring organization, cost efficiency & appropriate staffing;
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
• You have a diploma in recreation or a related discipline, or equivalent working experience;
• You have a passion for creative arts such as music therapy, art therapy, or artistic expression;
• You are an energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly and has experience in programming and planning for seniors in a recreational environment;
• You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as strong computer skills;
• Proof of current, valid CPR and First Aid Certification is required;
• You can work Monday, Wednesday, Friday with alternating Saturdays.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.