If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Staffing Coordinator (Workforce) to join our Parkland Fredericton team based in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire for part-time & full-time staff) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Processes and systemizes all employee status changes through out the lifecycle in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinates all onboarding activities and facility orientation of new employees.
- Ensures staff schedules are complete, accurate and communicated in accordance with collective agreements, Shannex company policies, and established operational guidelines
- Communicates with staff to ensure proper staff coverage is maintained for all shifts;
- Analyzes and validates timecards in the processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- Ensures accuracy of seniority lists; follows established procedures for all internal job postings and associated employee assignments.
- Acts as point of contact for all employee requests for information and additional support on scheduling, and payroll issues
- Follows established procedures for processing time and attendance transactions in the timekeeping system including time off requests, leave processing, and assignment of rotation and extra shifts.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as Business Administration, Office Administration, Human Resources, or Payroll Administration;
- 2-3 years of previous experience in staff scheduling, payroll administration or general administrative duties in a large, complex professional environment;
- Previous experience working in a health care setting or previous experience using staffing, scheduling, or payroll software is considered an asset;
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.