If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for Casual, Part-time and Full-time Continuing Care Assistants to join our Metro Enhanced Care team at Parkstone, Arborstone and Maplestone locations based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage range: $17.91 – $23.27
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire for part-time & full-time staff) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP Program (5% employer match) or pension plan
- Vacation accrual begins immediately and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Assists residents with hygiene and daily living activities, such as: bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment;
- Collaborates with the resident and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Resident Care Plan;
- Assists in the planning and implementation of resident leisure activities on a daily basis;
- Assists with light housekeeping duties;
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice;
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding resident care or safety to Supervisor.
- You have a valid Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Worker course or equivalent;
- You are registered in Nova Scotia’s CCA registry as per the Continuing Care Assistants Registry Act
- You can work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays,
- You can provide a clear criminal record with vulnerable sector screening;
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care course considered an asset;
- Previous working experience with elderly in long-term care or a senior living environment an asset
- Valid CPR & First Aid Certification preferred.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19