If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Corporate Chef to join our New Brunswick team.
Your home location can be reviewed during the interview process and from there travel to our other NB locations will be required with mileage reimbursed.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
• RRSP program (5% employer matching)
• Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
• Free onsite parking
• Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
• Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
• Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
• Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
• Provides education and hands-on support to the Executive Chefs and other culinary team members
• Provide assistance and structure with recipe binders, production sheets and menu concept development
• Motivates others to strive for the highest standards in quality, consistency and efficiency
• Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to requests.
• Oversees food quality and presentation and ensures service delivery meet company standards
• Identifies issues and able to assess product and processes and provide recommendations
• Preps and cooks as needed to support testing and presentation needs
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
• Red Seal Journeyman Cook’s papers
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role in hospitality or health care foodservice
• Advanced Food Handlers Course
• Ability to facilitate courses and education
• Excellent computer and software skills
• Ability to work flexible hours (including some weekends) and travel as required
• Working knowledge of professional food service trends and practices
• Proficiency in the French language an asset
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.