Shannex is a family-owned organization with a vision of Leading the Way to Better Living through the provision of seniors’ accommodation, service and care. We offer a full continuum of services for seniors through our Care at Home, Parkland Retirement Living, Faubourg du Mascaret and long term care communities.
We are pleased to announce that we are expanding our long term care options in the Moncton region with the opening of Gordon Hall, a 60-bed licenced nursing home that will be located on the North End of Moncton, June 6, 2023.
Our Great People are at the heart of our success. As we establish a caring team at Gordon Hall, we are looking for individuals who are dedicated to exceptional service to join our team. If you are a resident-focused, results oriented, a trusted and collaborative leader who wants to be part of a dynamic team – we want to hear from you.
We are searching for a permanent full-time Licensed Practical Nurse to join our Gordon Hall team based in Moncton, New Brunswick.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
• Approximate hourly wage: $29.04 – 31.19
• Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire for part-time & full-time staff) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
• RRSP program (6% employer matching)
• Vacation accrual and travel insurance begins immediately
• Free onsite parking
• Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
• Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
• Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
• Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
• Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing resident needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
• Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the resident’s right to individualized planning of health services;
• Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies and procedures;
• Administers and records prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice;
• Maintains the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting;
• Applies dressings and treatments according to physician’s orders and policy;
• Assists with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
• Registration with the provincial Practical Nursing regulatory body;
• Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays;
• Valid CPR & First Aid Certification is required;
• Ability to provide a clear criminal record with vulnerable sector screening;
• Any previous course in Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care to be a huge asset;
• Previous working experience with elderly in long-term care or a senior living environment an asset;
• A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.