If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Dining Room Coordinator to join our Parkland at the Lakes team based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $17.85 - 19.60
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching) or pension plan
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Providing leadership in the coordination of dining room staff activities to ensure professional service delivery to residents on a daily basis and for special events;
- Assists with resource management, such as recruitment, orientation, training, and coaching;
- Performing all duties of the Server position;
- Supporting the development of a quality culture by having a continuous quality improvement philosophy;
- Assisting in the provision of catering services for internal and external events and special functions;
- Coordinates all meal/beverage charges and proper billing;
- Organizes and maintains the process for client menus, diet slips and count sheets.
- Working with the food services team to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and their families in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction
- Maintaining safety and sanitation in the dining areas to meet legislative / organizational standards;
- Performs all other duties as required.
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Proficiency in both English and French language;
- Basics Food Safety Training / Food Handlers Course considered an asset;
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in the food and beverage service industry;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors independent living environment an asset;
- Previous supervisory experience an asset;
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours/shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends and holidays;
- A passion for the healthcare sector and/or ensuring seniors have access to quality accommodations, services and care.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19