If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Casual Registered Practical Nurse to join our Parkland Ajax team based in Ajax, Ontario.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $27.05 - $29.45 + 8% all-inclusive rate
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the residents’ needs;
- Develops, revises and implements the resident care profiles;
- Orders, administer, and stores medications and treatments in compliance with the policies of the facility, pharmacy and standards of the College of Nurses;
- Adopts the legislation of the RHRA and enforces compliance mandates under the direction of the Director of care;
- Ability to manage the department in the absence of the Supervisor or Manager in areas such as staffing, equipment breakdown, supply ordering and receiving;
- Directs, assigns and evaluates the work of personal support attendants;
- Documents and investigates resident/staff incidents and complaints and follows up with the Supervisor or Manager promptly;
- Adheres to the Employee Standards and ORCA Code of Ethics;
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- A Diploma in Practical Nursing and are currently registered as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- You are passionate about working with seniors and have experience working with the elderly in a seniors’ living or long-term care environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You are available to work a schedule of flexible hours and all shifts inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification and can provide a Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.