If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Support Services Attendant to join our Northumberland Hall team based in Amherst Nova Scotia.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $14.66- $14.91
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program (5% employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Dusts, cleans and polishes furniture, counters, shelving, walls, and window/door ledges.
- Cleans sinks, toilets and bath facilities.
- Fills and replenishes supplies in resident rooms, nursing units, and rest rooms.
- Empties and cleans trash receptacles and places trash in compactor and/or trash pickup area.
- Sorts laundry into appropriate piles based on the type of laundry (linens, mops, personal clothing)
- Operates washing machine using proper washing formulas.
- Operates dryer and extractor; loads clean, wet laundry into the machine, sets dials so the laundry is dried or damp-dried appropriately and unloads the machine.
- Sorts clean laundry into appropriate baskets or racks; counts linen needed for each area as per linen quota and puts on cart; notes name tags on resident clothing and puts on correct rack.
- Picks up soiled laundry and delivers clean laundry to resident areas within the facility using laundry carts.
- Checks laundry for tears, holes, missing buttons, etc. and forwards clothing needing repair to the seamstress.
- High School/ GED completion
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in commercial housekeeping and/or laundry preferred
- Ability to learn and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours/ shifts inclusive of days, weekends and holidays
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our company policy requires all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19